Monday, October 29, 2012

Pumpkin Carving

 I have to admit I am not the best at remembering to carve our pumpkins for Halloween. It's a busy time for us with all the football happenings, but I promised Brianne this year that no matter what we would carve them! So Saturday I grabbed them and cleaned them out with Brianne so she and Will could carve them. I found these cool teeth at the store and had Brianne follow an idea from the package to carve hers. I actually like it better than what was shown!




She tweaked it a bit and made the eyes a bit more scary and I LOVE the nose! She did an awesome job carving it all by herself!
 Carter's he did with his date for the Halloween dance. He said it was a pumpkin unicorn! Apparently when he was cutting the hole for the top the stem came off, so he turned it into a horn! So clever!
 Will's was fun too! He also had some teeth to work with and I showed him what was on the package and he tweaked his a bit too! I love the crescent moon nose, shaved eye brows and I really like the way he layered the teeth in! It looks great! And the fact that it leans a bit makes it even better!
Way to go kids! I think we are ready for Halloween now!

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Ha!! So clever!! Very cute. (I always forget to carve pumpkins, too. I think my kids have done it like twice in their lives. I just don't even think about it--I'm lame.) :)