When I stopped working this past summer the Vice Principal I worked for made me promise I wouldn't quit. She really wanted me to come back this school year!! She told me to think it over and to let her know by August what my decision was. I have to admit it was a tough decision because we can always use the money, but it wasn't REALLY about that. It was more about time. I wanted to have more time with my family and to be the kind of Mom I wanted to be! So at the end of this last school year I wasn't presented with a certificate because she wasn't sure I wasn't going to come back. Well, this past week Will brought this home. It was so kind of her to have it made for me! She's still a bit sad I didn't come back, but I always know where to go if I want to work again!
Last fall I received this award. It was very nice to be recognized and the free lunch was an added bonus! :) It's really nice to know that people you work for appreciate you and what you do for them. I never felt this way! I got pats on the back quite often from Mrs. McGee which really meant a lot!
I had to add this in too. My job entailed watching the in school suspension kids (or ISS) as well as kids involved in the ZAP program. One day while watching some kids in ISS one of the girls wrote this poem for me. It's hilarious! It says:
ISS is the best!
It makes my heart beat out of my chest.
No painting halls or drawing whales
Mrs Crismon's the best
unlike ISS
I just had to laugh! I had just taken away some drawings that she was doing because she was "bored" and reminded her that she needed to be doing her classwork. She read this poem out loud after she wrote it and I couldn't help but laugh! Then I asked if I could have it- it was just too funny not to keep! :)
I have to say that I am VERY glad I decided not to do the aide job this year. It's been wonderful to have more time and be able to get things done for my family! I am a volunteer maniac between my PTA position, High School Booster, YW advisor etc etc etc! So I have been able to handle it all much better! I am so grateful for my job as a Mom and wouldn't trade it for anything else! I LOVE IT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, you can only do what you can do, and you have to find a balance or you go crazy. Sounds like you are doing awesome things already, even if you had to let that one awesome thing go. Nice pats on the back, too. Very sweet. Glad you are happy where you are! :)
Post a Comment