
Why in the world would I be wearing such a strange holiday outfit you ask? Yes that's a turtleneck, embellished Christmas sweater, festive holiday socks, light bulb earrings that actually light up and a jingle bell bow on my head. Well here's why...

Last year when Chan and I were watching one of our favorite TV shows, the family on the show was having an ugly
Christmas sweater party and I turned to Chan and said we are SO doing that next year! That is just a FUN idea! So we called up some friends a couple weeks ago and told them to get ready because it was ON!

Thankfully they were game and said they'd be there! We did a pot luck dinner and invited the kids and enjoyed each others company and then it was time to vote on a winner! The winner is standing to the left of Chan in the first picture. I had to give it to him for the clever necklace that he called his Christmas lights! What did he get you ask? Well he won a fireplace DVD complete with holiday music background! It was fun to see one of our friends show up in the same sweater as Chan! And in the first picture the guy in the yellowish sweater looks pretty normal, but I assure you the pattern was horrible and it was so tight it was like a body suit! Way funny!

Here's a shot of my family in our lovely attire! Out of our family I think Brianne wins with her
Deseret Industries 80's sweater with added bows! But Carter is pretty funny too! Someone said we should use this picture as our Christmas card...... NOT! But it was a fun night and it might have to turn into a tradition, but next year I am searching the web for a crazy sweater because I KNOW they are out there!
3 comments:
What a fun idea!! I agree--there are definitely worse sweaters out there. I've seen them. Ha
That is SO great. I've heard about those parties--there's a law school group that does it here only it's a "ugly mustache and ugly Christmas sweater" party (the guys have to see who can grow the weirdest mustache...).
SO fun, and I love your sweater! We had one too, but I had a hard time finding a sweater I wanted. I think they were all bought out, lol.
Post a Comment