
Tonight we had the pleasure of going downtown to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in temple square to hear Brianne's choir sing! I have been looking forward to this for a while and we were so glad that Gamma and Papa came along too! This tree was right in the lobby of the building and was STUNNING! We were up on the higher level by the choir to watch them sing.

Brianne was fortunate enough to get to sing a solo part since the usual singer was not able to come. She did a beautiful job- made me cry! They sounded so great!

It was fun to see all the people stop and watch and listen. They even got some applause from family and others who were there.

It was really such a pleasure to go and do this and I hope they'll be more like it every year!

After the performance we went out to temple square to walk around and see some of the visitors center and were hoping we'd be there long enough for the lights! We went into the south visitors center with Chan's parents and were able to show them the temple replica they made that shows what the rooms in the temple are like. It was so cool and they thought it was neat to be able to see for themselves what it was like.

We also went into the visitors center where the Christ statue is. It's so beautiful there and Chan's parents thought it was amazing. Kathy's exact word's seeing that were "You can't come in here and feel nothing- I don't care what you believe in there is a spirit
here." I thought that was awesome...And very true! And I LOVED this picture of Brianne so I had to throw it in!

The tabernacle was also a favorite. We got there just as they were doing the presentation on the acoustics there. They tear a piece of paper, drop two pins and a nail and you can hear all of it perfectly from standing in the rear of the building with NO microphone. It's way cool! And then they played a recording of the Mormon tabernacle choir singing God be with you till we meet again..... amazing.

Right after we left that building the lights came on! Yay! So I snapped a shot of the kids with the lights behind them :)

I love the Nativities they have on temple square- but this ones my favorite because they tell the story of Jesus' birth. It's neat.

Right before we left temple square I asked Tom to take a picture of our family and he snapped this GREAT picture! He is quite talented I must say! It was so fun to see all of that with them and we left there and had a yummy dinner together before heading home. It was the perfect Christmas night! I loved every minute!
3 comments:
That sounds PERFECT!!! I loved all the pictures. I think it's so neat they have a temple replica with all the rooms--I didn't know that! That is AWESOME!!! What a great thing to go do!!
Aww, I miss temple square!!! How cool is that, that Brianne got to sing in the Joseph Smith Memorial Bldg.! Wow.
Oh, this post made me homesick! I love Temple Square at Christmas time! It looks like you guys had a wonderful time, especially Brianne, getting to sing!
Merry Christmas! ♥
Post a Comment