Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Scout Camp

It was Will's first year going to scout camp! He was excited and a bit nervous, but when he found out his cousin Dakota was coming along he felt better! I sent him with a camera but unfortunately he only managed a few pictures and he was in NONE of them! But I really liked these two. This one above is of his fellow tent mates! Pictured from right are Dakota, Chandler and Jaden. It was a good group!
This one was a pretty one! It sure is gorgeous up there in the Wyoming mountains! He was a good 2 1/2 hours from home for a whole week! I was never worried though because his leaders are AWESOME!! I do have a quick story though.... When Carter went his first year to this same camp he managed to cut himself on his finger bad enough that they had to run him to the closest ER, so when the leaders saw Will was going to be going this year they immediately started in on the jokes about not cutting yourself! Over the several months of talking about camp it kept getting brought up. Then Dakota (also a Crismon) signed up and the jokes just got more intense! They insisted on them NOT continuing the "Crismon tradition". So off to camp they went and wouldn't ya know it the first full day up there Will cuts himself on his hand!! He cut it with a chisel in the skin between your thumb and pointer finger! OUCH! But thankfully not bad enough for stitches- just cleaned it up and wrapped it well. That only left one more Crismon to avoid the "tradition". Well two days later he cut himself in the exact same place and same hand as Will with a tree branch! So I guess the tradition lives on......dang it!! But all in all they had a fabulous time! They did everything from archery to rifle shooting to first aid classes (which apparently the Crismon kids need) and enjoyed it all! I'm just glad they came home safe and had fun! Hopefully the tradition won't continue again! Let's HOPE!!

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

That is really funny about the cuts (but probably wouldn't have been as funny if they'd had to go to the ER. ER: Not so funny.) You're lucky you got pictures at camp!! I never get any! :( I'm glad Will (& Dakota) had a good time.