Wednesday, July 13, 2011

On the 4th of July the kids were a bit excited for the upcoming BBQ and fireworks so I decided to take them bowling. I signed up for the free kids bowling program this summer so I had coupons for all of us (including Dakota- their cousin) so I gathered them all up and off we went! This is not a usual activity and so to say we weren't good is an UNDERSTATEMENT!! We were all pretty horrible! Some of us handled that better then others, but I just kept reminding them and myself that it was for FUN!
I used to bowl in a league with some friends years ago so I was anxious to see how I would do and I wasn't much better than any of the kids! The surprising bowler was definitely Dakota! He was pretty good! For Will and Brianne this was a first time to bowl without bumpers. I insisted they learn to do it without them- they are just too old for those!
It was the perfect thing to do to pass the time and I was surprised to see that it wasn't very busy at all! We played two games and the first game Dakota was the winner with the high score of 96! (yeah- I told you we weren't good!)
The second game I was the winner! Yep, that's my high score of 120! Woo Hoo!! The sad thing is I didn't have scores too much higher than that when I was in the league! Hee hee!
On the way home everyone was happy and we shot some silly pictures in the truck!
I can't imagine life without my fun kids! ALL of them- kid #4 included (AKA- Dakota)! I can't wait for our next round!

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

That looks like fun. Love the pictures in the car. :) (I'm impressed you bowled for a league! Wow!)