
Well this is a first for our family... SOFTBALL! Brianne has been wanting to try softball for over a year, but last year she was going in for her first knee surgery so couldn't participate. So this year when the time arrived I signed her up EARLY!

She has been sooooo excited for it to start and wouldn't you know it's been the longest winter EVER and her first two games were snow/rained out! But after some patience the sun finally came out and it was game day!

Because of the yucky weather there hasn't been much practice either, but the team was anxious to play and they all hit the field with smiles on!

It's been so fun to watch Brianne try learning a new skill! This is her first time since she was VERY young that she is attempting to play a sport! I am so proud of her- she is doing really well!

I was surprised to see that she is really a pretty good hitter! (maybe it's all the Wii playing??) Her Coach even expressed that to her. Her form is not great yet, but she always manages to get contact and get to the base! Her first game she got an RBI and in her second game she got 4 runs in herself! AWESOME!!

It's so cute to see the team cheer each other on and encourage each other when it's their turn at bat.

We definitely need to spend some time in the yard with Brianne throwing and catching, but for a beginner she's doing pretty darn good!

Waiting for the ball!

This picture was taken right after her first game and you can REALLY tell how much she is enjoying herself! Isn't that what it's all about!

One of the parts I am enjoying is having the boys there cheering on their SISTER! She has always been there cheering them on and now it's their turn to do that. She SOAKS that up! Her little face just beams when her brothers cheer her on! Will even went over before her second game to give her a "pep talk"! Carter's favorite thing to yell was , "Way to whack it"!..... Yeah he's a teenager! But it was funny! This might be a new family tradition..... softball in the spring..... I am digging it! :)
3 comments:
Oh, how fun! Way to go Brianne, for trying something new! It looks like she's having a great time, as well as the rest of your family.
How awesome! Brianne is just SO adorable with her big smile and thumbs up. And I've got to say, those pictures of the softball field with the mountains in the background are SO gorgeous (living here on the prairie I'm starving for mountains...)
That's really great!! I'm glad she's having so much fun. My favorite photo is the one with her giving the thumbs up, but I was just going to say what Amy did and say I love the shot with the mountains!
Post a Comment