Sunday, April 17, 2011

Carter is 15!!!

Its hard for me to believe that my oldest child has just turned 15! Carter was born on April 14 1996 which honestly just feels closer than it actually IS! Anyway, I asked Carter what he wanted for his birthday and his response was "Money"! I guess that is one of the first signs you have a teenager!
Even though all he wanted was money I couldn't let the day pass without making it special and fun so I went and got $60 in ones and fives and spread them all over the counter along with his birthday cards from us. I figured that would grab his attention!
He doesn't look like OMG or anything, but it is pretty early in the morning after all! It was only about 6:30am and he was surprised and couldn't wait to start counting!
After reading his cards he started with the fives and counted those first and then the ones.
Now there's a good smile and facial expression! He was very excited and was plotting on what to buy!
After all that excitement we ate his breakfast food request of orange rolls! Mmmmmm!


Later that night after Brianne's softball game we came home to eat cake and sing! We sang really loud! And I am happy to say that I made this cake! I think I did a pretty darn good job! And Carter said it was good which made me smile!
Carter with his 15 candles! WOW!
The perfect blow out picture! Hope he gets his wish!
I wrote the Happy Birthday Carter on this board, but I thought it was cute how Brianne added her own message too!
The morning of his birthday I also went to his school and decorated his locker with some of his favorite things! Reeses pieces, pez candy, his favorite Sobe drink, that new dessert gum and some peanut butter cups. This was a total surprise to him- I have never done this before! But I found his locker number and combination on a web site we use to check up on their grades etc and I thought it would be a fun change! I also brought him and his friend Dylan $5 foot longs for lunch! It was a good day! And I forgot to get pictures but we did go to dinner to at La Costa- a great Mexican food place here in Sandy. It did not disappoint! So yummy! And he's already studying the driving guide and plans on getting his permit THIS week! I'll keep my fingers crossed for him! He's so excited! Happy Birthday Bubba!

3 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Awesome birthday! I love reading about your birthday celebrations. I LOVE the idea of the money in 5s and 1s. That is a great idea! You did an AWESOME JOB WITH THE CAKE!! It's absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I can never frost like that--it's so beautiful! I love the locker decor/surprise. That is VERY cool! What a great birthday! I can't believe you have a 15-year-old, either. Seems impossible. Tell him happy bday from us.

Amy said...

You are ONE AMAZING MOM. I hope Carter realizes how lucky he is! (Is he really 15?!)

Company EIGHT said...

You are the COOLEST mom!!

Happy Birthday Carter!