Christmas Eve this year was a bit different because we had it at Tom and Kathy's apartment! It was small, but just the right size for all the family. We had a lovely dinner together and enjoyed hanging out and visiting as we normally do!
I love that they put their Christmas tree out on the balcony so that it wouldn't be in the way in the apartment! They bought a real tree and kept it simple with lights only- I am bummed I didn't get a photo of it because it was really pretty! Other than the tree the kept the deco pretty simple as most of their stuff is in storage!
I thought it was hilarious that all my kiddo's wore plaid shirts AND I wrapped their EVE gifts in plaid paper! It was almost like I had planned it, but I didn't! LOL!!
Christmas Eve gifts are still a tradition only I don't usually do the PJ's anymore. Brianne still likes them but the boys are not fans of them. So I usually just get them a special small gift for them to open.
Carter and Will were in rare form tonight! Being so silly!! I honestly couldn't tell you why they were wrapped up like a pretzel but no matter- it's still a super fun photo opportunity!
Kathy did the sweetest thing for Carter and made him a buttermilk pie! It was something he loved from his mission and she knew he would love to have it again. So she found a recipe online and made it for him and even cooked an extra to take home! He was THRILLED and said it tasted amazing!
At the end of the night we got pretty silly with the face swap app! We were all laughing pretty hard at how crazy we all looked! It was a very fun night and we left to some snow lightly falling so we knew we had better hurry home before Santa arrived! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment