Before Christmas she worked with her vocal coach to come up with two songs and to make the arrangements so that she could practice and prepare. we were SO grateful for all her help!! She took the advice of her coach and decided to sing Scars to your Beautiful. IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!! I know I am biased, but wowie!!! we listened to all the other singers and they did well but NONE came close to hers!
After the top 12 performed there was in intermission so that the judges could collaborate and choose their top three to go on to the finals. Those top three would perform another song and the crowd would get the final vote.
After the break they came out to announce the top three and Brianne was in it!!!! AAAAAHHHHH!!! we were all freaking out and SOOOOOO excited! That meant that she was performing again and she was the first chosen to sing. Her second song was Kelly Clarkson's "Invinsible". I remember being so nervous and excited for her. I think I had my hands on my face for the entire performance!
And just when you thought she couldn't do any better, she totally did. It was an incredible performance!! As her Mom I was totally bursting with pride! Whatever happened I knew she had left everything she had out there! (the picture below was Brianne after that day at school- each contestant walked around with a balloon attached to their back pack to get people excited about it and to attend)
After the final three performed it truly felt like an hour before they finally came out to announce the winner. The voting is done by text message and they had been in the back counting the votes....
When they announced the winner was Whitney I was stunned. I knew that Brianne had been the better vocalist, but in the end the votes were for Whitney. I knew that she would be disappointed but I also couldn't wait to tell her how proud I was! She had done an incredible job and shouldn't hang her heat AT ALL! In fact her vocal coach made it in time to hear who won and just hugged her and said from what she heard that it should have been Brianne. I knew that meant a lot to her. I also got the following text from a friend....
I thought it was so sweet of her to share that! Well, there's always NEXT YEAR!! Awesome job Brianne, you family, friends and cheering section were VERY proud of you! You rocked it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment