
So while my kids were home over Thanksgiving break I decided it would be fun to go and get those gingerbread kits and make some gingerbread houses! This is a shot of Carter's house! He didn't take a ton of time doing his but I was grateful he WANTED to! But I did notice he put his favorite color of green on the roof! We had fun making them and decorating them to look festive!

This is on that I did. We went to the dollar store to get candies and this one the roof is sweet tarts! That tells you how small these are! They really are tiny! But cute!

This one is Brianne's and she picked it because it had the biggest "yard" to decorate! I love what she did with her roof! And what a welcoming walkway!!

Here's the other one I did- Chan was at work and I offered to save one for him and he thought that was a nice thought but it wasn't his kind of "gig"! I liked the shape of this one!

And last but not least here is Will's house! Yes- it IS shaped a bit like an outhouse but it was what he chose! I liked his columns and that your greeted by Santa! The best part was picking out the candy at the store and watching all of them eat and they decorated! Not to mention licking the spatulas of frosting! Gotta love it! They are the perfect decoration in my dining room!
3 comments:
Oh, they're so cute!!!! How fun! That is exactly why I love gingerbread houses at my house, too--just watching everybody's creativity and then having a nice time together. Funny Chan said it wasn't his "gig"--I always used to make 4 houses instead of 5 because I figured Kevin wouldn't be interested, but then one year I thought we might as well do it as a whole family, and he actually enjoyed it once he gave it a try. And now we all love seeing what he comes up with. (He personally could still probably do without it, I bet.) :)
How fun! I love how each of them turned out, too. My favorite part is eating them. :)
This is a whole new concept to me--how you and Jen have everyone do their own! It's fun to see the personality on everyone's. So fun!
Post a Comment