Wednesday, December 15, 2010

NOVA graduation

This month was also a big one for Will- it was time for NOVA graduation! NOVA is a program similar to the "DARE" drug program. The 6th grade has been working with a police officer since the first weeks of school and finally it was time to graduate!
I thought it was WAY COOL that they invited some real hero's to shake their hands as they received their certificates. Those Marines got a standing ovation when they were introduced.
Will was all smiles when he got his! And the male officer behind him is who they worked with- he's a great guy!
I was very proud of Will! He did a great job!
I didn't embarrass him by making him pose at school! I waited till he got home and got this shot of him by the tree.
Here's a shot of the certificate and you can see what NOVA stands for! Pretty awesome! Way to go Will!

2 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Good job, Will! WOW. That is a neat accomplishment. (And I also am in that stage now where we pose for things at home instead of AT the event--so that made me smile.)

Amy said...

That sounds like a really neat program that Will's a part of. Way to go!