Monday, June 8, 2009

Curb Appeal

So the clock at our house has been running pretty fast compared to our project list and to say we were worried is an understatement!! Chan was scheduled for knee replacement surgery back in February for June 9th and we knew that there were a lot of things we needed to accomplish before then. The main one being the fence in this photo! The section closest to our house blew down last winter and we managed to do a quick fix to last till spring but ended up ripping the entire fence out and starting over! The old one was ugly and in VERY bad shape so we began building this new one in May and finished it last Friday!!
We also were having major problems with our sprinkling system, our tree in the front yard needed trimming, the landscape needed work etc etc etc!! well we got some help an managed to get it all fixed!! Doesn't it look nice!!
we also had this new curbing put in and made the planters larger so we could add some much needed landscaping!
This isn't the greatest photo- but the flowers under the window have been there a while, but I planted the new items off to the left- some perennials that will hopefully grow much bigger next season! :) But overall I feel we made a 200% improvement- don't you?!! Let me know what you think! And watch for entries on Chan's surgery day and updates.....

4 comments:

Valerie said...

It looks GREAT Andee!!! I love what you've done! A lot of hard work - I know! We are closer to the beginning on our yard than the end. :{

Best wishes to Chan. We pray all goes well!

Company EIGHT said...

Wow Andee--it looks wonderful! You guys did a really great job.

Good luck to Chan--hope everything goes exactly right!!

Anonymous said...

Looks soooo good! I am sure you just love to go and look at it. I can't wait to see it in person! Only 17 days!

TAMPA said...

Andal.. The house looks great !!! Good Job !!