On August 15th Brianne and I headed to Provo bright and early to participate in a vocal workshop and audition put on by Jenni Phillips. She is an LDS singer songwriter who has been VERY successful over the years. She was putting on the workshop to try and find 10 female singers between the ages of 13-30 to record a song on her new album for the 2016 youth LDS theme.
The workshop had several speakers, including Jenni herself (pictured above), who gave a LOT of wonderful tips and information. There was 150 in the workshop and ALL of them got to audition as well. They all sang a 30 second clip of a song she wrote for the album. She sent it out to all who registered in an email so that they could be prepared. I found out about this a week before it was to take place so she only had a few days to prepare but thankfully the song was very easy to learn!
When the time came for her to audition she was nervous but did a remarkable job- no surprise there! (remember I am biased because I am her Mom :) After the workshop was complete and all the girls/women had a chance to audition she finally announced the top 20. These people would have to audition AGAIN for the top 10 spots. And guess what....
She made the top 20!!!!! I was SOOOO proud of her! She sang again and was not chosen for the top 10, but we were both thrilled for the opportunity we had to attend and that she had gotten that far. After it was over we went up to Jenni to thank her and she told us that Brianne was very talented and was excited to see what she would do but that her voice was just too "mature" for this project. She then asked how old Brianne was and was shocked to find out she was only 13! I told Brianne that was the BEST compliment she could have received! All in all it was a super fun day and we BOTH learned a lot! Way to go Brianne on another successful event! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment