Monday, August 3, 2015

Football Camp 2015

 Will posted this picture on his Snapchat while we were in Yellowstone and I laughed out loud! It's so very true! That bench just inside the garage door in our family room becomes the football gear storage bench! Do I love that?, no not necessarily, but it is what it is!
 In years past they would hold their football camp down at Snow College, but since the changes in High School regulations last year they have no longer done that. But there was plenty of changes coming this year anyway, so it was probably best for them to stay at the school. This season I will no longer be the Booster President and that comes with a huge sense of relief. I do miss being around the team a lot and interacting with the coaches and administrators, but since I got my new job in January I just knew doing it right would prove too difficult. Besides there would also be a new coaching staff and I was certain they would want to start some new traditions anyway! It was a good time to bow out. But I am still involved, just at a much smaller capacity!
 The school had also just finished a huge renovation of the work out facilities. This room here is their new weight room/fitness center. It is state of the art! (the lights were turned out during this photo so it seems a bit dark) This room is going to make a HUGE difference in their workout routines, in fact, it already has! On this day they had a person from the Navy there talking to the team.
 The new coach, pictured in the center here, is Coach Alema Te'o. He started the All Poly Camp here in Utah and is widely known all over the country. Alta was lucky to get him and we are very excited to see what he and the other new coaching staff can do for our team. We were also bumped from a 5A team to a 4A team this year. Which means we'll be playing all new region this season. Frankly, I am excited about this too. It could mean some great opportunities for Alta while we build up our numbers again.
Will (pictured here #57) had a great camp. This picture was taken at a scrimmage they played against Bingham during camp week. He worked hard and was very excited to be back in pads! He is a defense guy and as of right now is sitting as the number 2 as linebacker. He's happy with that and also plans to play some special teams this year. He has been working hard with the team since May- even stopping his workouts with John Madsen to spend more time with the team. He is a dedicated teammate! He will do anything for his team! Chan and I couldn't be more excited for the season to begin! Let's go Hawks!

No comments: