On Friday August 14th it was the Black & Silver Game. It was done a bit differently again this year (this seems to be an ongoing theme for all things football this year- haha). Instead of the varsity scrimmaging the JV and the JV playing Sophomore they had the Varsity play each other and the Sophomore team play each other. It was kind of strange- it felt very similar to watching a practice! But Will got in some good reps which was wonderful!
It was a VERY hot day and even though the scrimmage was later in the day the temps were still in the high 90's! Thankfully Chan and Brianne found some seats in the shade so we were comfortable while Will was out there sweating bullets!
Right after the scrimmage the booster club put on a luau fundraiser! One of the football players gave Will a Lei! I had to get a picture with him wearing it! I thought he looked cute!I was working in the concession stand helping to sell drinks and treats!
They went ALL OUT for the food! It was super yummy! It was $10 a plate and the boys had to sell tickets in advance.
Even though the lines were long to get the food, once people took a bite, they didn't seem to mind! They also enjoyed the entertainment that was provided- a lot of Polynesian dancers etc!
The team ended the night doing the Haka out on the field! It was great! They have really pulled together as a team! I am super excited to see how our team does in our new region! It's going to be a fun year!GOOOOO HAWKS!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow, that sounds SO FUN!!! I always love your pictures, too!
Post a Comment