Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Concert time!!!

 On August 8th Brianne and I sent summer off with a bang at the Kelly Clarkson Concert! It was held at USANA amphitheater out in West Valley City. We were lucky enough to score some cheap tickets earlier in the year and Brianne was SUPER STOKED because one of her absolute favorite vocalists were the main opening act! Their name is Pentatonix and they are an accapella group.
 She has been a fan of theirs since they were on the TV show the "Sing Off" on NBC. They were the winners of the competition. Since then they have done several songs and album that are just phenomenal! You know they are good when Brianne is listening to their Christmas album while mowing the lawn in the summer! Hahaha!
 They did not disappoint either! Everything they sang was literally perfection! And we truly lucked out in the weather department as well! It was warm with clear skies! We also found the perfect spot on the lawn to enjoy the performances. Once it all started I couldn't help myself and I bought a bag of cotton candy! I haven't had that since I was a kid! It was yummy and I did share too!
 Kelly Clarkson was stunning too! Her talent is just awe inspiring! In fact after hearing her in person Brianne was even MORE impressed with her! She put on a clean show and even stopped right in the middle of a song to pick up a cute baby boy in the audience! It was unreal! Brianne and I both LOVED all her songs! We sang along and even danced a bit toward the end of the night!
 During the performance there was a firework show going off in the distance! It was almost like it was planned! We also got her the mandatory concert T-Shirt, which HAD to be Pentatonix! And I have to admit I think it's a pretty cute one!
At the concert we decided that we're going to go to a concert and a musical/play every year! We've gotten it all in this year with this concert and the Little Mermaid musical! So I'm excited to see what we find to go to next year! It was the perfect ending to a busy and fun summer! :)

No comments: