Monday, August 3, 2015

Deer Creek Camping!

 This past weekend we had the pleasure of going camping again with the Crismon Clan! It was a family gift from Chan's sister Brooke for Christmas and we were excited to get out of town again and have some family time!
 It also happened to be the blue moon our first night in camp! It was HUGE and stunning! I tried my best to get a good photo and this was the best I could do! The camp site was a short hike to the water and the evenings were cold but the day time was HOT! Up to about 94 degrees! Yikes!
 The first night a bunch of us were up late playing Apples to Apples! It was so fun and we laughed pretty hard! If you haven't played that game you NEED to!!
 The next morning after we all warmed up a bit Chan and our family made a big breakfast for everyone! We brought cut up fruit, made bacon, sausage, hashbrowns and pancakes! It was quite a feast!
 Will was a great helper with the cooking! Everyone enjoyed the meal and took a few minutes to relax before getting the kids ready to go to the lake to swim and play in the water.
 It was a bit smoky that morning too! We thought maybe the fire was close by because it was a strong smell, but over about an hour or two it blew away with the wind and was nice again. The kids, Grandparents and most the parents went down to the lake. Chan and I stayed behind at camp to relax. I'm not gonna lie- I took a lovely nap in the trailer! :)
 Later that afternoon after eating some snacks we played some more games and chatted!
 This game is another hilarious one! It's called Headbands and it's almost as fun to just watch as it is to play! :)
 Chan and Will also brought along their RC trucks and so did Myles. They had fun running them together! Myles especially loved playing with Chan's big RC truck! He was in heaven that Chan let him drive it!
 These cute cousins are inseperable! They do everything together! It's so cute!
 They kept posing for pictures! They got pretty silly that night before getting really pooped out!
 I love this shot Brianne got of Will and Chloe! The girls LOVED playing with him! He would toss them in the air and tease them! It was cute!
 Will was a sweet guy to keep playing with them!
 They ended up in his tent jumping on the bed and attacking him! It was funny! He eventually got them all out so he could go to sleep! I think they pooped him right out!
The last night we started out with games but ended up watching a few videos on YouTube about Penatonix- an accapella group that Brianne LOVES! It was a great night! On Sunday we woke to a yummy breakfast of sausage fondue! After eating that we spend the morning playing games and chatting and laughing together. This is the kind of family time I truly enjoy! It was wonderful!

Later that afternoon we packed up for home! Thankfully we got home in time that I could do some wash from the trip while taking a snooze on the couch! Haha! It was a rejuvenating weekend! How blessed we are to have such great family!

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

What a fun time! I love the pictures. And so fun to be there over the Blue Moon, too.