Will has been working VERY hard this off season to bulk up. He knows that if he's going to continue playing football, especially as a linebacker, he'll need to be ready! This past May when he participated in the power lifting meet these were his totals:
Squat- 245
Bench- 165
Power Clean- 155
Not long after this event he started working out with John Madsen. The same trainer that Carter went to for years! He really knows his stuff and knows how to help these boys train RIGHT!
When he started there these were his training totals:
Bench- 140
Squat- 180
Dead Lift- 200
Military Press- 105
Front Squat- 125
Hang Clean- 125
The most important thing John did for him was to teach him how to do everything CORRECTLY! It was the same with Carter! It took Carter months to correct his squat which he had been doing wrong for a long time. Thankfully Will learned quickly and his numbers have been coming up and his muscles have been bulking out!
Here he is at John's place :) I think the best part of his program is he pushes them to their limits but they LOVE it! It's a great environment with great guys. John is in the background in this shot on the left.
They also just opened up a new training facility at their high school and it's fantastic! MUCH nicer than what they had!! This is Will and his buddy Rhett working it out in class! I stole this from his friends Instagram!
This one I grabbed from Will's Snapchat story! It makes me so happy to see him working so hard and finally seeing some great results! Here's his latest numbers from February this year:
Squat- 280
Bench- 205
Power Clean- 175
He is up over 95 pounds from last May! I wish I would have kept better numbers for Carter when he first started out, but I cannot be more proud of Will and how hard he is working! I just want him to keep it up!!! This season is going to be totally different- new training facility and methods & several new coaches on staff including their new coach Alema Te'o. I am anxious to get it going!!!!
John also added a new "Wall of Fame" in his gym and Carter's picture and weight belt made it on the wall!
The numbers on the belt are what he did the day he won the State title. I am sure proud of my boys!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for him. NOt easy.
Post a Comment