Monday, March 16, 2015

Audition time!

At the beginning of this year Brianne made some goals with her voice teacher and one of them was to audition more. She wasn't necessarily positive on where yet, but she wanted to get out there more. In late January a friend of mine told me about an opportunity to audition to sing the National Anthem at a Salt Lake City Bee's baseball game. I checked it out online and thought it sounded like a great idea! So I mentioned it to Brianne and she was IN! So over the next few lessons she would practice it to prepare herself and this past Saturday was the big day!

We arrived and checked in and waited in the main area. They took 10 people back at a time, to what we thought was another room, but in fact was the actual field! They had to perform the song just as they would on game day- out on the field with a microphone! She was SOOO nervous because she wasn't expecting that AT ALL! But after a quick moment under the bleachers, just her and I having a quick pep talk, she went out there and killed it! I was SOOO incredibly proud of her!! Her audition video is on my Facebook page if you want to see it! This was a picture I stole from her Snapchat story right after we got there! She was excited :)

 This picture was hanging in that first room where we checked in- a great picture of the ball park.
 This picture is of the sign that was on the door leading out to the field. we all thought it was pretty funny! I guess they didn't want anyone belting out their song behind this door! Hahaha!
 This was right after her audition! She was really happy! And she SHOULD BE! That was a tough thing to do and she did amazing!
 Unfortunately we have to wait almost 3 weeks to find out if she will get to sing at a Bee's game, but until then we will just focus on how much fun we had that day together and how talented she is no matter what!

Keeping our fingers crossed!! Wish her luck on getting a spot! :) (FYI- there is 72 home games this season, so I think her odds are good!)


1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Holy cow, holy cow, holy cow!!!! WAY TO GO, Brianne!! That is just awesome. I hope she gets it, but even just rocking the audition is something to be proud of.