I started my new job the end of January after serving the final two weeks at Indian Hills. I'm not gonna lie- it was VERY hard to leave there! I LOVE those people I worked with and I loved being with all the kids! They are so fun! One of the student aides we had was actually mad at me and told me I was NOT allowed to leave her! Made me giggle and feel good! The people at work were so kind my last day and gave me flowers, cards etc and Georgia gave me a Willow Tree figurine of an angel holding an apple. It really meant the world to me! I know I wasn't at my specific job in the attendance office very long, but I had been a part of Indian Hills for several years and it was wonderful to feel appreciated!
My first week at my new job I was SOOO nervous! One of the things I was the most nervous about was the people and being the "new girl". It's always hard to start fresh and make new friendships but I have to say that these people made it EASY! I have lucked out yet again!! All of the people I work with are AMAZING! Very kind, helpful and fun! The job itself is much more challenging too. It's been over a month now and I still feel like I am learning. One thing I enjoy doing is the finger printing! We use a Live Scan digital finger print scanner and it's awesome! It's very interesting to see peoples individuality and I like to chat with people while doing it. It's fun! I also handle lots and lots of files, help people complete new hire paperwork, answer & direct phone calls and handle employee name/address changes etc. It's A LOT! But I am glad because we stay very busy which makes the days go quickly!
This is my official plaque on my desk out in reception. I have two desks I work at: one out front and one in the back office. We switch halfway through the day, which I really like, so we can take turns doing different jobs. I can see myself working here for a long time! I am loving it!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm REALLY REALLY happy for you!! I know you needed something *just right* and I'm so glad this came along! How awesome. You'd be great!
Post a Comment