The weekend of Valentines Day we decided to take a trip down south! One of the reasons was to see Carter's great friend Trevor play basketball at our alma mater Dixie State! The other reason, well... we just wanted to get out of town! Hahaha! Unfortunately Will couldn't come because he had already committed to work a shift for a friend on Valentines Day, so we left him behind and had Gamma and Papa help get him to work etc. He was all good though- I left him plenty of freezer food, cookies and Mt Dew! Hahaha!
We did however bring Halle along! Brianne was THRILLED to have a friend along and having her with us is easy! She's an awesome kid and they are like sisters!
Tammy and I took the girls out to shop for a bit and went to some consignment places. I thought it would be fun for them to go somewhere they can't go at home :) It ended up being GREAT! Brianne bought herself some records! Yes, actual vinyl records! She was so excited too! One of them was the soundtrack for funny girl! One of her favorites! When she got home she ordered a record player off of Amazon to play them. So fun!
We also HAD to go to Pizza Factory! It's a St George MUST and Halle had never been there. It was super yummy! As usual! :) This phone booth has been by there forever- couldn't resist the photo op!
It was also Valentines Day and we were worried we were going to be crashing in on Tammy and Matt's FIRST V-Day! Thankfully it worked out because they had to celebrate on Friday night since Matt worked on Saturday. We didn't get in until very late on Friday since Chan and I both had to work. We didn't no anything major for Valentines, just cards really, but after 20 years all the "fluff" isn't very necessary! Hahaha! I did get little treats for the kids and even left one for Will at home that I had hid from him! When I talked to him that morning I told him to go and get it- it was fun. That night we went to see Trevor play basketball. It was SO fun to be back on campus there! And they played a great game and won! :)
We HAD to be prepared to cheer! Nothing like a huge foam finger and pom poms! :)
Trevor is #44 in this picture! He played great!
It was the perfect getaway weekend! I wish we could do it more often! It's so rejuvenating to get out from the "norm"! Hopefully we'll go again soon!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WOW! So fun. What a great trip!
Post a Comment