Sunday, May 13, 2012

Clear the roads!

 About a week after Carter's actual birthday he and I went down to the DMV very early in the morning before school to get his license. We had been told by a boy in our ward that going early in the morning was the best time to get in and out quickly. He was SO RIGHT! And thankfully in our state this process is relatively easy since the Drivers Ed program is done through school. He had already completed all he needed to do so all that was left was a quick picture, proof of ID and his drivers ed certificate and we were done! This picture above was taken right after he got it! Such a great day!! :)
After waiting about 2 weeks the "official" license came in the mail. He's been so thrilled to be able to drive himself to hang with friends and go to his other activities. I have to admit it's been great for me too! I am really proud of Carter, he is a great driver! Especially considering the only car he can drive right now is our HUGE Ford Excursion, which I lovingly call "The Tank"! It's a big truck and he does just great with it! I am SOOO looking forward to him driving himself to his 6:30am football practices this summer! Yay for sleeping in!! :)

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

So cool! Congrats, Carter! That is really really exciting.