It's truly hard for me to believe that Carter is 16! Since it was a big birthday I decided to go a little bigger on the decorations! Brianne was a great help putting this all up :)
I even got 16 latex balloons! And one mylar that said 16!
Then I got him a few of his favorite things. It's funny to see how it changes from year to year. This year (at least right now) he is a bit obsessed with these Arizona fruit drinks! They are a major sugar drink, but hey it's his BIRTHDAY!
Besides the drinks there was Reese's candy and some gum- teenagers cannot have enough GUM!
We gave him a choice between having a big party or getting money that he could spend on what he wants and he picked the money! So he was able to get more Nike clothes and shoes (his other obsession right now) and we got him his new football cleats that he picked out online.
His other request was for me to make this dessert for his birthday instead of cake. It's called "Ultimate pretzel crusted peanut butter cookie candy brownie bars"! No joke it's made with Snyder's pretzels, Peanut butter cookie dough, Reese's candy and brownie mix! And I have to say it was DELICIOUS!! You can find the recipe on my Pinterest page :)
I'm so glad my kids still let me get pictures of all their big days! Even if this "blowing the candles out" one was a bit staged! Hee hee! I missed the actual moment!
A shot of the yummy dessert! It really was GOOD!!
I am so proud of Carter! He's a really great kid and I hope this birthday goes down as a great one! We love you buddy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Man, that dessert looks AWESOME!!!! WOW!!! I love all the decorations, too. Nice work, Mom. What a fun day for Carter.
Post a Comment