My parents were able to come out and help us celebrate Carter's birthday. Since it was the big 16th birthday it meant that he was going to be ordained a priest and my parents never miss out on being here for those big days. This year Carter chose to go to La Costa Mexican Restaurant for his birthday dinner and my parents and Kathy came along :)
They have the yummiest food there and Carter's favorite dish?........ Taquitos!
The server noticed he was opening Birthday cards and took it upon himself to have the servers sing to him and give him this dessert and lovely hat! He looks pretty good in it doesn't he! It's even in Oregon Ducks colors! His favorite!
While they were here we decided to go on an adventure and take Traxx up to Salt Lake and go to see the new City Creek Center! It was a fun ride!
I can't remember the last time I rode Traxx but we had a fun time looking at the scenery and chatting.
Carter took this shot of himself! Not too bad actually!
I had my parents take a family picture of us at City Creek Center. It was amazing! The stores were awesome but the mere architecture and landscape alone is worth seeing! Very impressive!
My Mom and Dad!
Grandma and Grandpa with the kiddos!
We had a lot of fun, did a bit of shopping and then got back onto Traxx to head home :)
On Sunday we all went to church and it was fast Sunday. My Mom got up to bear her testimony and it was awesome. Later we all went into the Bishops office for Carter to be ordained a Priest. It was such a special moment, one I won't forget, it's always special to me to see Chan performing these different ordinances with the kids. It's really amazing!
I'm so glad that we were able to have this time as a family and with my parents too! I'm so proud of Carter and he's doing an amazing job as a priest. The first time he said the sacrament prayer he did it with his Dad by his side. Chan did the first prayer and Carter did the second. They had practiced together several times so he was more than ready. They both said them perfectly! Tears rolled down my face as I listened then and I still get misty hearing it now. I am a very proud Mom and wife. I am incredibly grateful for a beautiful family! Thanks Mom and Dad for coming and participating in this wonderful event in Carter's life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, that is WONDERFUL!! I love seeing pictures of your parents. They are awesome. (And the Mexican restaurant made me jealous... there are VERY FEW of them out here, and none of them are all that good.) Happy Birthday, Carter! :)
Post a Comment