Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Working
I started working a part time job the last week of February this year at Carter's middle school (yeah he was thrilled about that) as an aide. I am truly enjoying the environment, the people I work with and the kids! I know for many people being around kids this age would be torture for them, but for me I really enjoy it! I think they are hilarious (maybe because I haven't grown up myself)! There are a few "regulars" that I see pretty much daily and that make me laugh and others who pop in on occasion like my cute nephew who I lovingly call "my 4th child" who loves to visit and say hello. I admit I keep a bag full of candy in my drawer that I will share with those kids who need a boost- like the ones who are here for in school suspension and feel like they are going to die if they have to SIT any longer! A Hershey's kiss can go a long way when your THAT miserable! Hee hee! But for the most part it's just encouraging kids to get their work done and entering in their work etc. It's such a fun and easy going job! I don't take myself very seriously so I think I fit in just perfectly! The best part is I am counting the days (right along with the kids) till summer vacation! (20- not including weekends or holidays) I get to spend the summer off just like them and return to school just like them! It is truly a blessing and I am so grateful that I was able to get it! And it's fun to share the "school stories" with the family! Like yesterday a kid going into a classroom got nailed by a door and thinks he broke his arm! He was sure yelling like it was broken! Yikes! There's always something happening here! If there's ever a funny story to share I'll have to put it on here! And thanks to all my blogger friends too because reading your blogs when it's slow at work has been so fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That really sounds like a perfect job for you! And you'd be so fantastic with the kids. I'm glad you got that job!! Woo-hoo!
I'd be one of those people that couldn't take being around all of those middle schoolers all day! But, it sounds like it is just perfect for you and your talents. Good job!
Post a Comment