Sunday, May 15, 2011

Will

Will turned 12 this year on his birthday and it's evident to me that he is growing up! He has been my child that has kind of "stayed the same" as far as growing taller and looks, but all of a sudden he is shooting up and filling out! He's looking more and more like a young man vs a "kid". He is moving into middle school this year and on some days is excited and then others is entirely freaked out! I keep telling him he is going to have a blast!
Sixth grade has been a challenge for him and also the funnest year he's had! He has been "hanging out" with friends a lot more and showing his independence. So far he's does great and checks in when I ask and is always in agreement when I tell him to do something. I so appreciate that and hope that it continues!! He also discovered the texting app on his ipod and loves to text his friends and Chan and I. It's been fun for him. I know that will continue when he gets his phone soon!
One of my favorite things about Will is his laugh! It's silly and sometimes almost wicked sounding and you can't help laugh along with it! He's always doing or saying something totally random or hilarious and making us all laugh! He's been that way since he could talk and I've posted some of his "Will-isms" in the past. He just kills me! Yet he also tries to be very adult at times- like when he took Chan's ipad up to the pulpit with him to read his favorite scripture for his testimony! He looked like a professor! It was so cute and funny!
He's my tender hearted kid too. He always knows when I am having a hard day and is the first to bring me a little note or give me a big hug- I love that about him! He has made me breakfast, brought me drinks, flowers and even tried to get me to go to bed when he could tell I was tired! I can tell he is maturing into a sweet, good natured young man. (With a die hard fun time in the center!)
Some fun things to know about Will right now 1. When I asked him what his favorite quote was he said, "Don't get mad, get even" and when I asked what it meant he said, "I don't know, it's just sounds cool and I use it in football". Typical Will! 2. His favorite scripture he shared with the ipad, "Seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock and it shall be opened unto you." 3. His favorite activities right now are air soft and Nerf guns- which he has in his hand almost ALL the time! I find darts from the Nerf guns pretty much every day in all kinds of places! He loves to have Nerf wars with his brother and sister and friends. Video games- right now his favorites are Crysis, Halo, Black Ops and Modern Warfare. It always amazes me that when he sees a gun on TV or in a movie he KNOWS what type of gun it is! That is also because he is a major military fan (just like his Dad). 4. His favorite words right now are idiotic and swag. He loves to break out words he learns in school and use them often. Once he called his brother Laxity and of course Carter had no idea what he was talking about- which made it even funnier to him! 5. His favorite foods are usually Asian inspired. He LOVES sushi and is a big fan of shrimp (the only one in the family). He's also a big fan of noodles- Asian or otherwise. 6. His favorite drink by far is COKE! He LOVES it! I have to force the kid to drink water sometimes (However, admittedly I am a bad example in this area!) 7. His favorite subject in school is writing. He is a very creative writer! He needs to work on his spelling but the content is always hilarious! I tell him often he should write screenplays or something! 8. His favorite treat is a snickers bar- can't go wrong with that! 9. He is quite a snappy dresser as of late! He likes to match from head to toe and even have a coordinating hat. Not a ball cap but the snazzy looking ones! 10. My favorite thing about Will right now is watching him pass the sacrament. He takes it very seriously and his first few times he was quite nervous. The person he went to for help was Carter and the two of them would talk it out and Carter has even passed with him and helped him along the way. Watching them do that together the first time seriously made me cry! I can tell the pride he has to be able to do that service and I am proud of him for doing it. Chan and I are very proud of him and are excited to see what's next for him! Including this coming football season- we can't wait!! We love you Will!

3 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

What an awesome and talented kid. You are lucky to have such a sweet and talented boy. That is awesome! I hope he loves middle school. He has such a great personality for it! He will not have a problem. :) He's awesome.

Amy said...

Yay! I love the second installment of highlights on your kids. I love that he likes the "don't get mad get even" but doesn't know what it means. Hilarious. He sure sounds like a nice kid.

Anonymous said...

Great write up! Fun to read. He is a sweetie for sure!