Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Remembering Mema

Today Chan and I met up with his sisters, parents and others from work to plant a tree in honor of Mema in memory grove. There is a monument there for Charles Crismon and we planted the tree just a few feet away from it. The family company donates money each year to an organization called Tree Utah and it was this organization that helped us to do this very special thing. It was neat to be able to be there and help- pretty much everyone jumped in to help dig the whole and center the tree etc. And when it was all done we got a couple shots of all of us who were able to come. It is a beautiful tree and will only get better as it gets bigger. It also flowers with pink buds in the spring- Mema would have loved that. I am sure she was thinking we were all pretty silly to remember her in this way, but all of us enjoyed it very much! She will always be a part of Memory grove now, and our little family will be able to drive there in our new truck which is also a thank you to her. (hence the license plate photo :) ) I hope you all enjoy the picturetrail of our time there! We love ya Mema!!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I just read your comment on my blog. I agree tags are silly and I almost hate them, but when I am tagged, I like to keep the fun going. After I tagged you I thought, Andee is so organized, all of her pics are going to be spotless! Maybe you should mess things up a bit! ;-) You don't have to do it. Just if you want to. I'm going to make my blog into a book and even tags tell things about me so that is another reason I like to do it.