Tuesday, January 20, 2015

New Job!!

The working thing has been a tough adjustment, however since I got my secretary aide job at the middle school things have been awesome! I LOVE the people I work with and the amount of time I work (17.5 hours a week) was perfect. However, with a missionary in the field and teenagers at home the budget for our family has been thin. It also was even more difficult given that I don't work at all over the summer and that I would get every holiday break off that the kids have. Now, I LOVE having the time off, but I need the money more!! So, I started to pray for a job opportunity and I would search job listings often and even applied to a couple that I never heard response to. During Christmas break I saw a job posting for our school district that sounded really great, however the hours and pay were not included in the posting. I almost just assumed it was full time, but instead of doing that I texted a neighbor who just happens to be the Human resource director for our district. He responded and told me it was a 20 hour a week job and that it would be $4 more an hour than I make now! I was STOKED!!! I immediately called Chan to tell him about it and get his opinion. Needless to say I applied for the job THAT SAME DAY! It is exactly what I was looking for! The posting was up on their site until January 5th and after that they reviewed all the applicants before asking a few for interviews and I was one of them. I found out later that they had narrowed it down to myself and ONE other person. My neighbor told me it was mine to lose! He really wanted me to get it! And 2 hours after my interview I was offered the job! YAY! I will be working the front desk as an Assistant to Human Resources. I greet ALL who enter the building and I work with one other person and our shift is half day Wednesdays and all day Thursday and Friday. And the best part is it's year round! I start next week! Yikes!! I am very excited and nervous for my new work adventure! I FIRMLY believe that I was led to this job! Like I said before, it is EXACTLY what I was looking for. And here's an interesting bit of info... my neighbor ran the numbers on my pay and I will be making almost exactly $400 a month more than I do now. That is the exact amount I pay monthly for my missionary. I know it's no coincidence! It's the blessings of having him out there serving! I just know it! I am so grateful for the opportunity and just hope that I can do the job well! Wish me luck! :)

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Oh, that is wonderful!!! I'm so thrilled for you!!