Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Finishing touches in Carter's room

 Once Will's room was done it got me wanting to finish up Carter's room. Back when we did Brianne's room and moved their stuff around I kinda lost my steam and never hung Carter's pictures etc. So I figured I might as well get it all done!
 I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased some frames for his favorite posters so I could make it look really nice! And I have to say I was rather impressed with myself that I figured a way to balance out the pictures by using his hats! It turned out pretty cool! :) The poster of Lamichael James he made himself in a class in high school!
 Then I had Chan hang another shelf in Carter's room for some of his books, hats etc (and I still need to hang that Eagles sign up above the shelf) and I framed a picture of the Orlando temple we got shortly before he left and hung it next to his favorite picture of Christ he has had for a while. I did  put it in a new frame as well.
 It's funny how painting can make everything look clean again! And this is the exact same color he had in his room in the basement. he loved that color so I didn't want to change it.
This is that plaque on the wall- I made it at a relief society activity last fall.  I felt it was the PERFECT thing to make and hang in his room! That way if people come and stay they will see who's room they are staying in! Haha! Actually I just thought it was a precious reminder of what he is doing! How blessed we are to have a missionary! I hope he likes his new room when he gets back! :)

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

It looks really goooood!! I agree--paint just makes it feel clean. I love the color. All the "touches" you did with the frames and hats and everything just look SO GOOD. I love the missionary plaque. Very awesome.