Christmas morning started for us around 6:45am! I got a text from will saying Merry Christmas around 6:30! They were ready to get going! So we grabbed the camera and got started!
When they came in they opened up the items in their stockings first. When they got old enough Santa started to wrap each thing in there! It helps make Christmas fun last a bit longer when they are older! I found lots of fun things and was excited for them to open them- even Chan! :) And I HAD to lay out Carter's stocking like he was there... it felt strange not filling it.
Will's big gift was something we weren't sure about getting at first, but you can tell from his reaction he REALLY wanted it!
Chan kept leading him astray and assuring him that it was too expensive and not to plan on getting it etc.
So you can SEE how happy he was when he GOT it! YAY!! His very own helmet! It's the latest and greatest (and hopefully safest) one out there! He is very excited to put it to work!
Brianne's big gift is something she's been asking for over the last year or so. It wasn't something she put on her "list" but we lucked out and came across one over the summer for a steal through Chan's work so we just bought it.
We KNEW she would love it and we had a blast "outfitting it" with a sticker she'd like and Chan even added some extra memory so she could install her favorite game.
This face says it all! She is SOOOOO happy to have her own computer! She loves it!! :)
After we opened gifts we just waited until this cute boy called us and got set up on Skype! We were able to talk to him for an hour and I LOVED every second! He looked good and sounded incredible! We talked about all kinds of things from what his house is like now vs the apartment, the funny foods he is eating, the people he has met, how he accidentally bleached his socks, how he played basketball with Jaden and they kept calling each other by their first names, how the Mission President makes him nervous and about how he is doing now that he is a trainer. He also told us how much he loved all the gifts and letters. It was so wonderful! He is LOVING his mission!
Carter had the idea to take pictures with his brother and sister that they could post on social media! I loved the idea and helped snap the photos! He also let me record a video shot of him for the family that I was able to show Chan's family and text to mine to show them how well he is doing. It was fun!
His face in Brianne's picture is priceless! Hahaha! He also did a couple short videos for a couple friends that I text them- made their day too! Of all the gifts I received Christmas day talking to him over Skype was by far the best! It was so fun to SEE him and chat! I can't wait for the next one on Mother's Day!
After our video chat it was time to go over to Chan's parents home for breakfast and to spend time with family. So off we went to get dressed to go! More to come.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is so super cool!!! I'm so happy for you. What a great day
Post a Comment