Saturday, May 3, 2014

Carter is officially an adult!

 On April 14, 1996 this adorable baby was born! He was late coming and was stubborn on greeting the world but when he finally emerged he has been a joy ever since! He has always been a happy kid! He had moments (they all do) but overall was always smiling and making us laugh!
 I have enjoyed so much watching him grow over these past 18 years! Evey milestone has been fun and now that he's officially an adult I'm sure it will just be even more fun to come! I was excited for his birthday gift because it was something he had asked for that I knew he thought I wouldn't get! It was a Drake T-Shirt. Drake is one of his favorite music artists and I found one on Amazon! :)
 He opened his gifts that morning before Chan left for work and then it was just US! It was the first day of spring break and we wanted to do something fun. So we decided to go to see a new movie that came out called Draft Day. Right up Carter's alley! But we ALL enjoyed it! It was great!
 Then we went down to the factory outlet stores in Lehi to do a little shopping with his birthday money. Carter is a HUGE sucker for Nike clothing and shoes and there's an outlet store there and we found some great deals!
 After that we decided to go to Scheel's and look around there. Brianne needed some new softball socks and we knew they would have the best selection (which they did). It's a fun store to look around in and Carter found some more Oregon Ducks merchandise he couldn't live without! He was a happy camper!
 And we couldn't go to Scheel's without going on the ferris wheel! Looks are deceiving too because it doesn't seem that big until your ON it! And it gets UP there! FUN FUN!
 The timing worked out perfectly and right after our shopping we met up with Chan for Carter's birthday dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. It's his new favorite place!
The food was good and the environment was fun! We ended up watching baseball on one of the TV's which is a sport we don't usually watch! But we laughed and had a great time and Carter told Chan about all his birthday purchases.
 It was fun to sit and talk about our days adventures with Chan and to talk about what we would do the rest of our break. Carter had plans with friends to go down to St George for the remainder of the break. I helped him make arrangements to stay with Kay along with his two friends Trevor and Trenton. He was excited to get going!
After spending 4 days in St George this was the ONLY picture I got and I stole it from his friends twitter page! Hahaha! They had WAY too much fun to stop and take pictures! I was so glad that they had fun! And as for us, well it was uneventful! Brianne hung with friends, Will played XBox and I enjoyed hanging around the house in my PJ's and getting football stuff together! :) It was a GREAT week!

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Man, that is really cool. What an awesome birthday. Happy 18!!! WOW!