On April 25th Brianne auditioned for Canyons Idol! They have been doing this competition for a few years and I didn't think Brianne would want to do it. But she saw this flyer at school a week before the audition and said she was going to do it!
I was totally supportive of course and she went home that day and found a karaoke version of the Star Spangled Banner to practice. She only practiced a few times at home and once with her voice teacher before showing up that Friday to get her number! She was number 38, so we had to wait around an hour before she got her turn in front of the judges. She sang accapella and given she had not warmed up her voice AT ALL I thought she did AMAZING!
(Sorry for the crappy picture- I just took a screen shot of the video I got of her singing) We had to wait about 3 days to see if she won and I got the call at home on a Tuesday morning. I called her at school to tell her that she had taken 1st runner up and won a $250 scholarship! I am SOOOO proud of her! This was a big deal and she was amazing! She's already planning to try again next year! She really wants to win and get the chance to sing at the Salt Lake City Real soccer game!
To see video of her performance and the winners you can go to: http://www.canyonsdistrict.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=2782
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my!!!! SHE ROCKS. Tell her congratulations!
Post a Comment