Friday, April 5, 2013

Will's Birthday!!

It's SO hard for me to believe that Will is now 14! Wow! He is looking much older all of a sudden and is growing into quite a handsome young man! He is such a sweet and happy kid! His request for his birthday was a sleepover party with his friends. Such an easy request- DONE! The best part was that his birthday landed during spring break which made it an even easier request! I had each of the boys bring a snack/drink to share and I provided pizza and cake. Life was GREAT! They watched movies, roamed the neighborhood, made a Harlem Shuffle video and played XBox. He had a blast! Now that the kids are getting older we basically just give them cash and then take them shopping to buy what they want. So I took him to an outlet mall that week and he bought himself some new Nike shoes and some clothes. We also sat down at Johnny Rocket's for some yummy fries and a chocolate coke! But I think the best parts of his birthday came over that following weekend. My parents arrived the Thursday of their spring break. We planned some fun activities, including going to dinner and a movie on Friday and the Outlet mall on Saturday to pick out Easter gifts, which was super fun. My parents flew out so they could be here for his Ordination to be a Teacher. Such a wonderful thing and I am so grateful they are able to come and attend. It was made even more special because it was the last one with our current bishopric. They have all been released and we'll be getting a new bishopric after General Conference. It was also a memorable one because his brother Carter was able to stand in since he is a Priest. That made both my Mom and me cry before they even started! After the ordination was complete Bishop Stocking asked if my Mom, Myself and Brianne would bear our testimonies. It was such a wonderful experience and a tender moment for all of us. Later that day Will, Chan, my parents and I went to witness him getting his patriarchal blessing. He requested we do it while my parents were here and wow, such a neat experience! And given that it was Easter Sunday just made all of it that much more special!

I am so proud of Will! He has grown up so much and is always a loving and thoughtful person. He does very well in school and I very rarely have to remind him of homework or assignments. It's AWESOME! And I am also excited for him with football this year. He will be playing along side Sophomores at the high school and is already pushing himself by attending a camp every morning before school at 6am to lift weights and bulk up a bit! What a great kid! I love watching him grow and change and I look forward to his continued growth both physically and spiritually!

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

OH, wow, that is SO SO SO neat. I think it is really special that your parents are here for all these special times. What an amazing Easter.