Carter had his birthday yesterday and turned 17! He was on the phone with his Grandparents and said to them, "Yeah I turned 17 so I'm almost a legal adult"! WOW! Hard to believe but true! And I mean that in the way that time has gone quickly, not that he doesn't SEEM like an adult because he DOES! He had a great weekend- it started with friends on Friday night "hanging out", and then he had the Sadie Hawkins dance on Saturday night and had a blast! It was an 80's theme and he and his date looked like they had walked off the pages from an 80's hairband cover! Led Zepplin shirts and all! Then Sunday we had our fast day due to conference the week before, so no special breakfast, but I did do our usual birthday surprises on the counter along with some decorations! I had to modify my usual fare of favorite candy and treats because Carter is on a special diet right now to lose some weight for football and is currently down about 22 pounds! So I got pretty creative in the grocery store and got a few of his favorite energy drinks (which I RARELY get), a LOT of gum, some beef jerky and sugar free Jello. But I did say he had to choose something from my Pinterest board to make him for his birthday cake. I insisted he indulge for just ONE piece of SOMETHING, so he chose a chocolate chip cookie cake. It was my first time making it and it turned out SO GOOD! I highly recommend it! And he LOVED it! Just like his brother we opted to give him money so he could purchase what he wanted and it didn't take him long at all to hop on Nike.com and find something! But I'm happy that choosing practical gifts make him that happy! Boys can ALWAYS use new shoes! Hahaha!! We are so proud of Carter. He has had some challenges come his way this past year, but when each presented itself he has always rose to the occasion! We know that whatever he chooses to do in life he has the skills to be successful! Now we are just excited to see what it is!
One last thing- when Brianne realized it was his 17th birthday and that he could be going on a mission and or leaving for college within a year she said, "No! I don't want Carter to leave." I thought that was pretty sweet! I just love my family! How blessed we are!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
17!!! Happy Birthday, Carter!!!
Aw!!! That is so awesome. What a great birthday and a great kid.
Post a Comment