
Brianne stared taking piano a while ago, but it hasn't been until recently that she has really taken to it. It used to be that she would sit down to practice a song and give up on the actual "song" and opt to just messing around. But I started noticing her playing around Christmastime. She just sat down and started to play a Christmas song she found in a book. Granted it wasn't in tempo and some notes were wrong, but I could really hear the song!

And recently she has gotten out the Primary songbook and has attempted some of the songs in there and I am proud to say that she can read it! She just got 3 new piano books from her teacher and is starting to finally play songs with both hands at the same time and I am so proud! I KNOW she is going to do well because she is finally able to see for herself that she is learning! It's music to my ears!
Brianne is also singing with me in the Ward choir! I just love that she wants to be a part of the choir and I have to say she fits right in! :)
3 comments:
That is AWESOME!!! I know just what you mean. Belinda wasn't too excited about piano, so my sister Elin (who has been a piano teacher) suggested some simplified Primary songs that she had. She sent them to Belinda for her birthday, and playing the familiar songs really helped her learn the notes and now she will sit down to try to play other things, too. It's the BEST! I'm glad Brianne is doing such a great JOB! (I love the puppy gates by the piano, too. Very creative!!)
She is adorable! It is great to hear that she is liking it.
That is great! It's so great when my kids get self-motivated about things like that, too.
Post a Comment