Saturday, February 19, 2011

Valentines celebrations

I had to put a quick picture of the Valentines I made for my kids classrooms this year! Thanks to my wonderful cousin Jen and her blog! I saw a picture of this on her blog that her daughter had made and I couldn't resist! It was definitely time consuming since I had to make a total of 60 of these guys, but totally worth it! The kids all loved them and they were totally unique! Aside from that Chan and I celebrated Valentines by hitting dinner and a movie the Friday before which was a nice way to escape reality for a bit. We were both still in a bit of shock over the work thing, so it was a welcome distraction! Then on Monday (actual Valentines Day) the kids had off school so I took the kids and Dakota to the movies. It was fun and thanks to some movie gift cards for Christmas was almost entirely FREE! You can't beat THAT! We even got popcorn and drinks!! YAY! I love the movies! I also got Chan some cards from me and the kids and he got me some chocolate and a fabulous electric blanket! I have never had one of those before and I am in LOVE!! It was a fun holiday to be remembered!

2 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Those turned out SO CUTE!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you made 60 of them!! That WOULD take forever!! You're amazing. They are really darling. What fun.

Amy said...

What a cute Valentine's idea!! And oh yeah, electric blankets are the BEST.