Friday, October 15, 2010

Brianne's surgery #2 and Fall Recess Fun!

This past Monday Brianne had her second surgery on her knees! It's been 6 months since the first one when the plates were put in her knees to correct the slight knock kneed issue. We went recently for her follow up and her knees had responded beautifully and it was time to get them out! We were excited and nervous but sooo glad that all went as planned. This is a shot of her in the waiting area right before she went in for the surgery.
And this is her in the recovery room! She did sooo great and has been doing fantastic all week! She was up and walking the first day and has hardly had any pain at all! We're so grateful and thrilled that she is doing so well! This week was a short week due to Fall Break on Thursday, Friday and Monday so it was perfect timing! I stayed home with her the first part of the week and we've been playing games, watching movies and painting our nails to pass the time. Yesterday she was getting a little anxious so one of her friends came over to hang out with her and play games- which was very nice! But today she was finally ready to venture out so...
Will suggested we go out for breakfast! I can never say no to a yummy breakfast! So off we went to IHOP for some good food!
We did feel bad that Chan couldn't come- darn work! But it was fun to get out and Brianne LOVED this special they are doing for October! It's a decorate your own smiley face pancake! FUN!!
Don't you just love the way she made the eye's "bleed" with the strawberry syrup! Too funny!
Then after breakfast I decided it would be fun to go and pick up some pumpkins at a pumpkin patch! There's one close by and it's very small- so not too much walking for Brianne.
I couldn't miss an opportunity for some great pictures! I had Will plop down in the middle of the patch for this one!
For being such a small patch they had some GREAT pumpkins and other fall decor!
Carter is getting a little "grown up" for this, but thankfully he still accommodates me with a smile!
I thought this corn was awesome!
Here's a shot of Brianne- you can see her knees all wrapped up but doesn't she look great!! :)
Fall is just the best time of year! Love the smells and look of fall and all it has to bring! Thanks kids for a fun day- and Brianne for a fun week of "Mom time"!

4 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

I'm so glad Brianne's surgery went well. I bet it was a little easier (meaning not so scary) this time since she'd already done it once before. At least I hope so. :) Glad she is feeling so well. I also have to say I LOVE IHOP. I LOVE going out for breakfast!! What a fun thing to do. I loved the pumpkin patch pictures also. What a beautiful day. I have to say, the corn was my favorite. Love the colors!

Amy said...

Oh, poor Brianne. It was always hard for me when my kids had surgery. I'm SO glad she's doing so well! And I LOVE all of your fall pictures. Pumpkin patches are the best!

Ostler said...

I always want to be a better mom when I read your blog. Your kids are getting so big. I'm glad surgery for Brianne went well.

Company EIGHT said...

I'm so glad her surgery went well!

Your Fall Recess looks so fun! I love the pics at breakfast, and at the pumpkin patch. Yay for fall!