Sunday, July 12, 2009

Carter's camp- it was a blast!!

Scout camp is a new adventure for our family- the last two years Carter has missed it due to football and vacations so this year he was pretty exited!! And to top it off he was asked to be the Senior Patrol leader back in February so he was able to lead his fellow scouts!! Here is his self portrait in his uniform :)
Here he is with some of the boys from his troop
This is a sign from the camp they were at
This is their troop sign that has all their initials in it
This is their camp site. They have some pretty nice tents!! :)
Here is a shot of the landscape where they were- not too shabby!
He is totally my son- he knows I love this kind of picture!! A picture of him by the sign of the camp! What a stud!!
This is a picture of the small lake that was up there. They did their kayaking and swimming there.
This picture made the laugh and freak out!! That is a huge saw!! But these are some of the things they get to experience at camp.
I LOVE this picture! I was amazed at this one!! He said this was what their camp site looked like each morning. The smoke from the fire was in the trees and the sunrise would peek through and cause the shadows to fall on the ground. It's a beautiful picture!!
OUCH!! So on Thursday of the week he was gone I got a call that evening from Carter's troop leader saying they were at the hospital - yeah hospital!! He was earning his whittling badge when oops the brand new (very sharp) knife cut into his left index finger!! And yip it was deep enough it needed three stitches- way to go dude!!
But all in all it was a very fun trip and he had an awesome time! Thanks to all the leaders who put up with all these boys and who managed to drive over 2 and a half hours with them all smelly to get them home! They deserve a medal!! And I think this will be something to look forward to next year- hopefully with no hospital visits!! :)

2 comments:

TAMPA said...

I love that he took these pics for you... What a good heart he has !! And the one with the the light in the trees !!! Um freakin gorgeous and made me tear up... I cry a lot more in my old age !! :)

Stephen Godwin said...

Brigham left today! I sent a camera with him lets see if he uses it. I already miss him. Boo hoo