Today was a big day for our missionary! When he wrote us today he let us know that he would be transferred again. He is currently in the Kissimmee North area in Orlando Florida and will be moving tomorrow to his new area. He didn't know WHERE he was going yet but he was surprised that it was him being transferred. His companion Elder Hamp has been in the area longer and they both felt it would be him to go, but to Carter's surprise he was called by the mission President, President Berry, on Sunday night and told that he would be a new District Leader.
He has been serving for 9 months and will already be a leader..... wow. He has been working SOOO hard and putting all he has into what he is doing. He is sad to leave the people behind that he loves, including this Ward family- the Hefner's- but is excited for this new opportunity and to meet more people in the mission field. Unfortunately he will miss the baptism of a family he helped convert next week (and this is the second time that has happened to him) but he is still so excited for them! I can't wait to see how he handles this next challenge! With each email I can hear how serving this mission is helping him grow and learn. He is so happy! Chan and I couldn't be ANY prouder of this kid! Sometimes we wish we could be a fly on the wall in the day in the life of Carter as a missionary because we miss him every day, but there's nowhere else we'd rather have him be! Love you Elder Crismon!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That's exciting!! I know how sad it is to leave an area you love, but I hope he will love the new one just as much. What a great kid!
Post a Comment