This football season is going by entirely too fast! It's been a rough start as Will's Sophomore team has only won 1 game (ouch) and Carter's Varsity team has had it's ups and downs as well! They both came out with HUGE wins this past week over Copper Hills and they BOTH had fumble recoveries! So crazy! I also think I neglected to mention that Carter broke his pinky finger a few weeks ago. We thought it was just dislocated but after seeing an x-ray and a specialist we discovered it was broken AND dislocated! Unfortunately they can't really fix it until the season is over! Otherwise he'd be unable to play! Gotta love boys- just rub some dirt on it and GO! We enjoy so much going to these games and being a part of all the happenings that the boosters provide the boys. It really is a blast!
Brianne is going to perform her very first solo in church this coming Sunday! She has been practicing a song called, "A Window to His Love" for over a month and is finally ready to sing it! I heard her sing it from beginning to end a little over a week ago at her voice lesson and was already crying! I am sure I had better bring a box of kleenex! I have been encouraging her to sing in front of people and I know she'll be great and it will build her confidence! I'm really looking forward to it!
I had parent teacher conferences for Will and Carter about a week ago as well. I have to admit that Carter's have never been all that pleasant! I was worried, especially given that I had already heard from one of his teachers regarding behavior. Carter is an awesome kid but their is no real off button for him! He enjoys socializing SO MUCH! It's hard for him to remain quiet and listen to lectures etc. However, this time around it was pretty good! He's doing "okay" in school- he's doing his usual grade ups and downs- especially during football season. He always tends to droop a bit because of the rigorous schedule. I'm sure when late November hits so will his school stride (hopefully)! The most exciting visit I had was with his Seminary teacher who is amazing. Her name is Sister Newbold and Carter LOVES her lessons. She does really innovative things with the class and keeps them on their toes! She had nothing but wonderful things to say about Carter. It was wonderful to hear of his example in class and how much he shares his testimony there. It warmed my heart. He may not be the most "academic" kid, but he is a shining star where is really counts and for that I am so grateful! Will's conferences are always fun! He is a great student! He may not have straight A's but he's always trying his best and is a very respectful student. All of his teachers had wonderful things to say about him and I am very proud of how he is doing for his first high school experience! I wish I could have met his seminary teacher as well, because he loves his class just as much as Carter, but the line for that teacher was crazy long! Maybe next time!
I am loving my new job! It's an adjustment to get used to going every day and right in the middle of the day (10am-1:30pm), but I am already seeing benefits! I am able to accomplish things at home before heading into work! I find myself cleaning and doing laundry, making phone calls and sometimes even doing dinner preparation right when I get home! With how crazy our evenings are with football it's nice to have some extra time to get home made dinners prepared! The job itself is EASY! I follow students in their classroom helping with work, I take them to PE and to lunch. They are all sweet kids and like having people to help. I have attended 2 training classes to help me better understand the environment I'm in and how to contribute and those have been very helpful as well.
Fall is here and the weather is changing! Before I know it there will be snow on the ground and we'll be preparing for Christmas! I'm not ready!! Can't time slow down just a BIT!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know!! I keep thinking it's a good thing I love Christmas, because it is coming SO FAST! Wish I could hear Brianne sing! How neat. And I'm glad your job is working out so well. That is GREAT!!
Post a Comment