I love fall!!! It is my favorite time of year! I love how the weather cools, the leaves change and the mountains look like they are on fire, the football games, the corn stalks and pumpkins on my porch! It is all wonderful! This year it feels like it is on fast forward and I just want it to SLOW DOWN! I'm sure part of the reason is how busy we all are! So it's been a bit of a fall frenzy around here!
Will's football season is officially over and they had a rough season. However, I feel that they learned a lot! I'm pretty sure I've already said this, but being the young team they were they did have A LOT to learn! Going from little league to high school football is a HUGE transition! I look forward to seeing how they do next year! It's going to be awesome! Will is planning on starting to work out with Carter's trainer John Madsen over the off season so get bigger, faster and stronger, so his next season will be GREAT!! He is really excited to get started but I do have to say he has NO IDEA what he's in for! John is going to kick his butt!! :)
Carter's varsity team is officially in the playoffs! The first one is this Friday against Taylorsville! They played an AMAZING game last week in the black and blue classic against Bingham, but unfortunately didn't come away with the win. Thankfully that game didn't effect our standings and we'll be going in as the 4th seed! Seeing how well they played last week I KNOW that they can continue on and I'm excited to see the game! Carter is also going to start working out with John again after the season is over. He is bound and determined to win that power lifting meet this next spring! He's tired of taking 3rd place! :)
Brianne did an AMAZING job singing in church! I couldn't have been more proud of her! She was so composed and didn't even miss ONE note! It was stunning! It's hard to believe that she is only 11 when you hear her sing! I'm trying to convince her to tryout for a musical at our local theater but so far she's a firm NO! But I'll keep trying!!! I don't think that voice should go to waste! She is however singing in our Ward choir again and has even recruited 2 friends along! And I love that she chose to sing alto- it's a challenge- but one she loves to take on!
Chan has big news too! He got a new truck! You would think that he won the lottery with how happy he is right now! We went and traded in the Honda (AKA "beater truck") because it was having issue after issue and we really wanted him to have a more reliable used car to drive. We figured the best thing we could give him is our Subaru! It's an Outback wagon and has over 130,000 miles on it but it's in GREAT condition and the perfect car for him to drive! The only hitch is that it's a stick shift and Carter wasn't used to it! But he had tried on occasion to drive it but never did it often because he didn't have to. But NOW he DOES! Thankfully he's picking it up quick and is doing GREAT! Anyway, we traded in his truck and leased a brand new Toyota Tacoma 4 door! It's a beautiful truck and rides like a dream! It's even getting him out of bed earlier in the morning because he can't wait to drive it to work! So cute! I'm so happy for him too because he works so hard for our family!
As for me, not too much has changed! Just doing my usual volunteering and my respective Mom duties! But I will say I am SOOOOO excited to have Brianne come into Young Women this week! YAY!! I've been waiting a long time and I KNOW she's going to love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great update. I want my hubby to trade in his truck for a Toyota Tacoma! Those are awesome. And YAY for Brianne coming into YW!!!
Post a Comment