I seriously can't believe it's almost October! This past month FLEW by! I have been thoroughly enjoying my boys football, and even though they haven't had many wins on the scoreboard, I feel that they are learning lessons and bettering themselves every day.
Carter has been working especially hard. There's a lot of talent in our area and he is constantly fighting for his spot. When he has played he plays well! He did get beat in his Timp View game a couple times, but since has been pushing himself even more and we have seen improvement! Their first region game was this past Friday against Brighton and they lost by about 12 points, a tough loss, but I'm hoping that this week's game against Jordan they will come out strong! Carter has also been his "usual self" and has been participating in lots of school activities. He went to a girls soccer game on Saturday with a friends number painted on his chest! He was also asked to go to the Halloween dance and is VERY excited about it. He is all in with having FUN!
Will's team has had a really tough start. They haven't won one game! :( It's hard to watch your son get disappointed week after week, but I tell ya I think it's been good for him. All it has done is to drive him to be better. He doesn't get a lot of play tie right now, but I've never seen him work this hard... EVER. I think he wants to play better more now than ever and if he keeps up his motivation to be better- he will be successful! I'm so proud of him! Will is also doing great in school. He's taking a wood shop class for the first time ever and is enjoying it a lot. I also enjoy watching him at the Friday football games get into the student section and become one of the "rowdies"! It's pretty cute and he LOVES it!
Brianne is still our best cheerleader and she comes to every game she can! She's not afraid to yell and she loves the connection she has to the players. She even took some photos for me at this past weeks game and did a great job! She is also doing awesome is school! Middle school is going awesome for her and she is fitting right in. She has several teacher that her brother had and she enjoys the good attention she gets from them. Especially the PE teacher Mr Halbert- he loves to razz her about her brothers! She's doing great in PE too! Running like a pro and they are currently playing softball and she was thrilled that her teacher noticed her skills in softball. It made her week! She's already talking about playing again in the spring! She is also excelling in her voice lessons. Every now and then I'll catch her practicing in her room and will stop and listen. She really has a gift and I can't wait for her to share it with others! she is supposed to be singing a solo for the first time in church real soon and I know she's terrified, but I couldn't be more excited! she sang in the Primary Program today (for the last time) and did a fantastic job! The leaders even moved her around on two songs because she had such a strong voice. They wanted to even out the sound! She also spoke and did amazing!
Chan is plugging away at his job and whatever spare time he has he's doing favors for his family or watching the boys play football at games and practices. He's still the Ward building coordinator, Ward Clerk and Ward Tech specialist. He's technically still in the Scout committee too but has asked to be released since his plate is full! We still try to sneak out for a date night here and there too! :)
I gave notice in the job at All Search last week and start a new job this week. The job sharing with my friend Kelly was awesome, but the work environment itself was not good. It's a shame too because I loved the job itself and the owners were very kind. However, I feel this change is another meant to be. I was offered a couple jobs at the middle school before the school year began but because I had just gotten started with that other job I turned them down. Just about a week ago I was offered another, and since I wasn't loving my circumstances, I took it. It's an aide job at Brianne's middle school and she is STOKED! I'm glad that I will have time off at the same times as them now during holidays etc. It truly is a blessing and even though it's every day it's only about 3 hours so I can still do my Mommy jobs! Happy day!
I also got to go to Oklahoma about a week ago to visit my sisters. Even though I didn't do much, it was the BEST time! We sat and visited, had a pedicure (Heather's first time), got soda's every day at Sonic, went to get yummy cupcakes, ate out and laughed and laughed. I wish I could do it every couple of months! It was fantastic! I am so grateful to Chan for covering my duties while I was gone and for making this trip happen!
Family life is good, crazy and full of adventure, but GOOD!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OH, I'm so glad you got to get together with your sisters. That is awesome. I loved the pictures I saw on FB!! Sounds like everybody is doing great (sorry for Will's team record so far...hope things look up!). And congrats on the new job. Right at the school is so perfect!!! AWESOME!!
Post a Comment