Sunday, February 24, 2013

Keeping busy

It seems that all of us are always keeping busy! But here are a few more things that have happened this February!
I took Brianne to get her first ever facial! I will admit that it wasn't just "for fun". I wanted her to be better about taking care of her skin, especially on her face, since she is coming into that teen pimple time of her life. I was very impressed with her during her facial since they had to do some "extractions" and those can hurt! But she didn't even flinch! And she did learn a lot and has been washing her face twice a day since then and her skin is looking much better! I told her I would take her again before school this fall if she keeps it up! :) She and I also attended Ballet West together last night to see Cinderella. It was so fun! We enjoyed the ballet but also just enjoyed being together and laughing about the number 4, the intermission room (inside jokes) and driving through some crazy snow! It was a blast! I'm so glad we were able to go!
Will is becoming more of a teenager every day! This month he has started to make plans with friends! He's always had lots of friends but was never really the "go out" type. He was fine hanging out at home and just playing games with them on the XBox. But this month he went out with friends to see a movie and has planned another activity with his buddies for next week. I'm glad to see him finally getting out! (Carter was exactly the same way and now I can't get him to stay IN!) He also went in for an interview with the Bishop to get his Patriarchal blessing recommend. And I am thrilled that he'll be getting it when my parents are here so they can attend- which was his idea! He's so thoughtful! It's a big thing and I am proud of him!
Carter is my socialite! That kid is at everything and involved in everything! I've neglected to mention that he has been involved in a TON of activities at school- things like pep rallies, eating contests etc! He even helped film a promo video for Prom's Junior week! He's REALLY enjoying his time in High school and I love that about him! He's also out with friends on a regular basis and I love hearing about his adventures with them- some of them are pretty funny! He's already starting to talk about spring football but before that gets here he has a power lifting meet to do and we are VERY excited about it! We can't wait to see how he does! He's also gearing up for his first ACT test which is a little scary but I hope he goes in with confidence and does well. He also is going to Prom next week! Hard to believe it's here already! But I am glad he is going with Laura (one of my Laurels) who hadn't been asked yet and is a senior this year. Carter had asked another girl but she got asked by someone else earlier that same day so her parents told her to choose the first! He was bummed, but Laura is his friend and she just kept saying to ask her so he finally did! They will have a blast!
Chan also had some excitement this month! Yesterday he went up to Soldier Summit with his Dad, Mark and Gerardo and went snowmobiling! He hasn't gone in years and was really looking forward to it. We had a HUGE snow storm yesterday so there was points where it was whiteout conditions but they had a blast! The trail was about 25 miles long and they were up there most of the day. They are hoping it will become an annual tradition! The only bad part is that he is pretty saddle sore today! But he says it was worth it!
Hard to believe that February is almost over! Before we know it it's going to be summer again, which is fine with me because I am SO OVER snow! Here's to spring coming quickly!! :)

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

All great stuff going on, as usual. What fun you have around your house!!! :)