Monday, November 12, 2012

Surgery Day!

 While waiting in the room for the nurse Chan, Carter and I were having a blast! When he came walking out with this garb on I started laughing and then he hit this pose and I was seriously crying! Hilarious! I was glad that he seemed calm and was in good spirits, it just makes things go smoother.
 He was having a scope on his right knee as well as a lateral release. This picture above is of the top of his knee and that bit of white off to the left is his knee cap. Obviously that is NOT where it should be!
 Here is the picture after the release- the knee cap is now resting in the groove above the knee- right where it should be! The knee cap issue is genetic and this is the best way to fix it!
 The main reason for the scope was to get out some floating cartilage that was mucking up his joint. They knew there was ONE piece in there because it showed up on his MRI, but when they actually got in there they found SEVEN pieces! The picture above is some that they found while in there! They used this fancy little grinder and broke them up and sucked them out! :)
 Here is he after the surgery! It was an outpatient procedure and he did AWESOME! He wasn't even that loopy! He has been home since Thursday and doing really well! He even felt good enough to come to church on Sunday so he could sing in the choir! (He and Brianne and I have been singing in our Ward choir :) I am super proud of him and hope his recovery continues to go well! He gets his stitches out on Wed!


1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Wow, glad it went well. He is hilarious! I love the poses.