Thursday, June 21, 2012

Father's Day Gift

About a week before Father's Day I was in a store purchasing a gift for a friends birthday and came across this framed saying. I about fell over right there!! When Chan and I first got together we were in college and I was a part of the cast for the Guys and Dolls Musical. We would sing this part of the song to each other all the time! We have continued to sing it to each other all through our marriage too! There's been times when we would call each other on the phone and as soon as the other picked up the phone to say hello we'd start right out singing it and expected the other to finish it out! It's a fun thing that we've shared together and I couldn't walk out without having it! Since Father's Day was right around the corner I bought it and took it home to give Chan as his present. I was SOOO excited to show him that I hung it right up! When he got home I covered his eyes and walked him in front of it and uncovered his eyes and surprised him. He LOVES it! He thought I had it made for him! The best part is that it totally matches our bathroom, so that's where it is and he can look at it every day and remember how much we all love and appreciate him! I truly cannot express into words what a remarkable husband and father he is! A wonderful friend in our Ward called him on Father's Day and left a message for him on our voice mail and it said, "Hi Brother Crismon this is the Matthews family calling we just wanted to call and wish you Happy Father's Day because in our opinion you are one of the very best Dad's in our Ward and maybe even beyond that. The love that you show to your children and the example that you set is beyond great. Having not had a very good father of my own I recognize quality when I see it. Anyway, just wanted to wish you a happy Father's day we love your family and keep up the good work." Well said! Thanks Pam and John I couldn't agree more! Thanks for putting into words what I feel all the time! I love you Chan! Thanks for doing all you do and being who you are!

(On a side note: I learned after being married a while that Chan's Mom also sung this song to her kids as they grew up! Now it's a special Crismon family tradition!)

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

So cute. It's a beautiful poster, too! That song holds a special place in my heart--Kevin and I saw Guys & Dolls (one of my favorite musicals!!) while we were dating, and I love the music from it, so I have always listened to it over the years. When Belinda was a baby he would sing it to her, and it was one of the first songs she learned when she was just learning to talk. Sweetest memories! Anyway... happy fathers day to Chan! He rocks. :)