Friday, April 3, 2009

You did what with your veggies?

So here at our house we have really been trying hard to eat healthy meals that include lots of fresh veggies. Well the other day we had a yummy dinner that included some fresh asparagus. Well, Will and Brianne decided that they didn't want to eat all their asparagus and before asking if they could be done had thrown away their veggies in the trash. Shortly after that I announced that we could all finish off my birthday cake and I asked if they had eaten all their dinner. Will and Brianne looked at me with very guilty faces and said that they had not eaten all their veggies, but had already thrown them out. So I told them if they really wanted their dessert they would have to run for it! I told them they had to do 30 laps around the driveway for a piece of cake and guess what?.......... they DID IT!! I guess they REALLY wanted cake! :)

5 comments:

Company EIGHT said...

I LOVE it Andee!

Company EIGHT said...

Oh, and I would run that much for cake too, lol.

TAMPA said...

LOL.... That is hilarious... At least they didn't lie.. :)

down with the dewitts said...

Hey, I would have run for a piece of cake too! I think that it is great that you know they were lying. You can't get anything past a mom! Its great!

Anonymous said...

That is a good idea. But the thing that I noticed that is your driveway looks awesome! haven't seen it since you redid it. What a difference it is.