This past Monday we had the opportunity to go see the new Draper temple with our kids and Chan's Mom Kathy. It was such a neat experience!! It is truly amazing to see how incredibly organized and well done this is! There are thousands of volunteers to make this all happen- not to mention physical facilities like tents, heaters, buses and the like. And in typical LDS fashion refreshments are served EVERY day! But of course the best part was seeing our kids walk through and be shocked at how beautiful everything was and just what everything was LIKE. There was a point when Carter turned around to look at me with this shocked face and I had to smile. It was a wonderful experience for us all and one I am sure we will remember for a lifetime. I look forward to the day when we can all be there together again.
Chan and I also had the privilege to be volunteers today to serve those people going to see the temple. On our morning shifts I worked as an usher in the temple while Chan was an usher on one of the buses shuttling people from one of the Stake Centers to the temple. We then went home for about an hour to eat lunch and went back to the same Stake center he was before to serve there as helpers with the audio visual/ushering. What an amazing experience we had! It was a once in a lifetime opportunity and we may have another chance here next month and we plan to take FULL advantage! In ONE day over the weekend 20,000 people visited the temple! I hope many more will come! I am grateful to have them and can't wait to return to our new temple! :D
2 comments:
What a neat experience, that is so cool. I didn't know th skinner's had a boy wow! time has really flown!
I would have loved to see the kids faces !! That is awesome !! Can't wait to go through the temple with Bubba when he goes on his mish. Oh great now I am crying.. and my students are looking at me like.. What the hell? I got your message.. I have been getting home late this week.. Can't get enough of Tessa !! :>) Call ya this weekend. Love your guts and livers !!
Post a Comment