Saturday, October 3, 2015

YW Temple Service

This week I had the privledge of going to the temple with our youth to do a service project. This time of year the grounds keepers have A TON of flowers and bulbs to plant. The day we came they had over 7000 plants to get in the dirt!

 This week had been SOOOO HOT and I was worried that we were going to roast while planting. But thankfully the skies were overcast because a rain storm was on it's way in! And it was cooler that day too! Yay!
 We had a pretty good turnout of kids given it was literally right after school got out! The grounds crew quickly got out kids together and told them what to do! They gave them shovels and off we went!
 Being a leader I was there to supervise more than I was to plant, but honestly I was enjoying just being on the grounds. I just love the temple and the spirit there. It was also fun to see partons coming and going in to the temple that would smile and thank the kids for their service. A few even took pictures of them! I thought it was sweet!
 Brianne is not the BEST person to get to do yard work, especially planting, it is not her thing! But she did a good job!
 I was just proud of her for going! And we had a fun time! And all those plants and bulbs were planted in about 40 minutes! Can you believe that! The grounds crew was shocked! THAT is a great group of helpers!! Youth are where it's at!!

No comments: