Today was a big day for Will and Brianne!
Brianne had her 6th grade orientation at Indian Hills. The night before she was VERY anxious and worrying about getting to classes and her locker. I decided I would go in with her and stay for the first part, get her to her first class, give her a big hug and let her go! That's exactly what I did too! She seemed much better once she got there and found some friends to chat with, but once I got her to her classroom the nerves returned for a moment. I gave her a big hug, told her how to get to her next class and said "have a great day" and walked away. I know she'll be fine! She's a strong kid under all those "nerves" she likes to display on occasion! And besides she's only there till noon today... no biggie! I can't wait to hear all about her real first day on Monday- that will be a BIG day!
My experience with Will was a little different. He did not require me to go in with him (although I believe had I not already planned to go with Brianne he probably would have let me) so I just dropped him off about 30 minutes early so he could find his locker and try it out before going into the orientation. His day is basically a full school day followed by football practice, so he is excited. Still a bit nervous, but his nerves are more about the SIZE of the school. He's not worried about much else- in fact he's loving the idea of being in high school and playing football etc. He's even planning on attending the first "stomp" dance tonight. So fun! I know that Monday will be a whole new adventure because he'll be riding to school with his brother, a senior this year, so I'm sure he'll be feeling pretty dang cool! Such a big year... I'm excited already!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, that IS a big year for them! I hope she loves middle school (or is it jr. hi?) Belinda HATED it the first day (but they didn't have an orientation, either... what the what?), but she LOVED it on the second day and every day thereafter. :)
Post a Comment